Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23rd 04, 04:47 PM
Dennis Kaylor

Default Unity Gain?

in my opnion unity gain is any antenna with ZERO gain such as a dipole
or a discone

Dan Richardson wrote:
From time to time an antenna manufactures will state that an antenna
has "unity gain". It is my understanding that this term is used for
describing antennas used in mobile applications and is referenced to
the gain of a quarter-wave whip.

Does anyone know of any instances where this term is used otherwise?

Antenna tuner Matthew&Wendy Antenna 68 August 10th 04 12:32 PM
degen BBQ lobe ? Thierry Antenna 4 March 22nd 04 06:49 AM
Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
Reflection Coefficient Smoke Clears a Bit Dr. Slick Antenna 126 September 10th 03 04:26 PM
Hy Gain TH3 MK3 triband Beam Crazy George Antenna 0 August 26th 03 04:34 AM