Old August 9th 03, 05:23 PM
Stuart

Default Any cure for Squirrels eating antenna cables

Antenna Group~

The squirrels here the my neighborhood have suddenly decided they like to
eat my coax and control cables. They seem to be particularly attracted to
the self-vulcanizing rubber used to seal the connections but they have eaten
some coax cables as well. Anyone know of a cure for this problem?

Thanks

Stuart, ki6qp

Old August 9th 03, 06:08 PM
Joe Strain

Wildlife biologists have the problem of squirrels getting into their
bird-boxes and they use a product called tanglefoot in a 1 gallon paint can
that you trowel onto the post ot tree the squirrels(and raccons) use to make
their raids ...Those that fail to ignore this stick sh*t become irrevocably
glued where they step

It also is used to make glueboards for rodent trapping by troweling it onto
cardboard panels...Try a pest control product supplier

Be wary, that stuff is really STICKY and I don't know YET how to get it off,
and I been using it for years

Yodar
.. .

Old August 9th 03, 11:35 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Squirrels aka Tree Rats ate a hole in my roof twice and got into the attic..
Best solution is kill em with whatever it takes..
They have no natural enemies here and multiply like rats..
They're cute but destructive rodents..
good luck
hank wd5jfr
.. .

Old August 10th 03, 02:21 AM
Reg Edwards

Are squirrels edible ?

Old August 10th 03, 02:53 AM
Henry Kolesnik

In Oklahoma squirrels are consider game animals and have a season and bag
limit. When I was in college about forty years one of my room mate was
shot and squirrels every chnace he got. He also roasted possum! I didn't
care for the taste of either.
hank wd5jfr
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Are squirrels edible ?

Old August 10th 03, 03:17 AM
W5DXP

Reg Edwards wrote:
Are squirrels edible ?

In Texas, we have a legal squirrel hunting season. They are not
bad eatin' around a campfire after a day of clearing land.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 10th 03, 05:40 AM
Tdonaly

Reg Edwards wrote:
Are squirrels edible ?

In Texas, we have a legal squirrel hunting season. They are not
bad eatin' around a campfire after a day of clearing land.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

By God, that's why you Texans are so squirrely!
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old August 11th 03, 12:41 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Tdonaly" wrote in message

Reg Edwards wrote:
Are squirrels edible ?

In Texas, we have a legal squirrel hunting season. They are not
bad eatin' around a campfire after a day of clearing land.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

By God, that's why you Texans are so squirrely!
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

By Gawd at least they ain't dumb enough to live on a earthquake fault.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 10th 03, 01:29 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"W5DXP" wrote in message
Reg Edwards wrote:
Are squirrels edible ?

In Texas, we have a legal squirrel hunting season. They are not
bad eatin' around a campfire after a day of clearing land.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

You guys are lucky my XYL isn't watching this thread ... she is
a biologist, licensed by the PA State Game Commission as a
wildlife rehabilitator (she's currently raising ... for release ... about
a dozen orphaned baby squirrels ... probably does about 60 or
more each season, in addition to rehabbing maybe 2 dozen or
more injured adults.)

We have 12 acres of forest here, with squirrels, rabbits, possums,
several dozen wild turkeys, groundhogs, deer, fox, quail, and some
pheasants ... if I shot a single one, she'd shoot me (or worse :-)

Luckily, so far at least, no evidence of the local critter population
developing a taste for coax :-)

Carl - wk3c

Old August 10th 03, 02:29 PM
WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)

Take a trip though Fairmont Park in Philly. Nothing green below 4 of 5
foot. Overpopulation is as much a problem as over hunting, a potentially
more serious to humans as diseased animals die..

--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear