RadioBanter

-   -   Extended Double Zepp (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2059-extended-double-zepp.html)

Larry D July 2nd 04 11:32 PM

Extended Double Zepp

Hi guys.

I decided to try the Extended Double Zepp, thanks to some advice I got from
the contesting.com archives. I put up two of them, one for 18 MHz (70' long,
60 high) and one for 21 MHz (60' long, 50' high.)

One of the items mentioned was that "the tuned feeder is not necessary, if
you just run balanced line all the way to a tuner."

This is how I have always run my wire antennas anyway, I am very big on
ladderline, and it has always served me well in the past. However, what I am
finding is that I have a pair of very nice antennas; they outperform
anything else I have on 20m and above, except that there is no
directionality whatsoever!

Could this be from the way I am feeding them? Any advice appreciated.

Larry DiGioia N8KU