RadioBanter

-   -   Steppir antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2146-re-steppir-antenna.html)

Thierry August 4th 04 09:24 AM

Steppir antenna

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message
Thierry,

I am not familiar with your tower, but gather that the cage comes down the
side. Isn't there some heading of the antenna that would let you do this?
Maybe rotated 45 degrees to the tower face, with the boom fastened to the
side of the mast away from the tower. I wonder how accurate your 50 cm
number was. Could it end up beong 5 or 10 cm?

Hi Tam,

Here is an image during the building of the Hummel tower
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radi...on-ginpole.jpg
As you see the mast is at left.
We thougth to rotate the antenna of 45 deg to move teh central element away
from the tower but its is difficult
If we install a 3-ele beam, in almost all cases the central element is in
the passage when lowering the beam.
We have to move the central element of about 50 cm or so to the parasitic
elements (the tower width is 50 cm, 20") to prevent this problem.
Steppir as well a 4 element beam but the boom is huge, 10m I think, and no
really cheap...
So up to now we have no solution without modifying the F/B ratio of the
beam, or to look at another brand... easier to handle and cheaper.

Thierry, ON4SKY

Tam/WB2TT
Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry