Old August 17th 04, 06:45 AM
Theplanters95

Default NJQRP Squirt 80M antenna

From April 2001, QST.

The NJQRP squirt is a 40M dipole with each leg at 34 ft, feed with 300 ohm
twinlead for use on 80M. I'm thinking of putting one up, but using 450 ohm
window line going to my trusty Dentron Jr. antenna tuner. How will this
antenna perform on 75m-6m?

My guess is that since each leg is more than 1/2 wavelength on the bands above
20m, it will exhibit some gain. On 40m, it would be a dipole, and according to
the article, will exhibit about 1 S unit (7.7 DB) with 300 ohmline of loss on
75/80m.

I do not have the means to model this antenna. The antenna will be between 10
and 20 feet high (I'm looking for NVIS for ARES on 75m & 40m). With these
parameters, will the antenna be ok for DX on the higher bands? Is it an ok
compromise until I put up a loop antenna? I'm just interested in getting a
signal out!

Randy ka4nma

you can email me directly at , after making the
neccessary correction.

Old August 18th 04, 01:14 AM
Mac

I found this antenna to work very well on QRP. 34ft either side, inverted V
at 30ft high and 45ft 300 ohm slotted ribbon is what I used as per the
article. On 7mhz and above it worked VERY well and 3.5mhz was a little down
but still very useable. I was using 5 watts or less, CW, RTTY, PSK & SSB.
I now have it rolled up ready for portable work as I have more room for
larger antenna now. Of course results depend on location but excellent
performance for what it is.

73 Peter VK2EVB
From April 2001, QST.

Old August 18th 04, 01:27 AM
Theplanters95

It is in the April 2001 QST and also on the arrl web site www.arrl.org/tis.

Randy
Old August 19th 04, 01:15 AM
Dr. Daffodil Swain

Nothing special about this antenna. It's a dipole fed with ladder line.

--
Listen to Alternative News and Conversation You Won't Hear On Commercial
Radio.

First Time Users May Be asked To Do A 1 Time Setup.
"Mac" wrote in message
om.au...
I found this antenna to work very well on QRP. 34ft either side, inverted

at 30ft high and 45ft 300 ohm slotted ribbon is what I used as per the
article. On 7mhz and above it worked VERY well and 3.5mhz was a little

down
but still very useable. I was using 5 watts or less, CW, RTTY, PSK & SSB.
I now have it rolled up ready for portable work as I have more room for
larger antenna now. Of course results depend on location but excellent
performance for what it is.

73 Peter VK2EVB
From April 2001, QST.