Old October 7th 15, 10:07 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 6 metre antennae

Having now got a 6 metre facility (viz, 6m converter project uncomplete
under
the bench from 20 years ago :-( ), I wonder
what are the favoured antennae for this band?

And, as the FT450D has a single antenna jack, is there an antenna design
that would cover 6M as well as the HF bands?

Old October 7th 15, 10:14 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
Having now got a 6 metre facility (viz, 6m converter project uncomplete
under
the bench from 20 years ago :-( ), I wonder
what are the favoured antennae for this band?

And, as the FT450D has a single antenna jack, is there an antenna design
that would cover 6M as well as the HF bands?

just ignore it...6m is a merrycan band....

Old October 7th 15, 10:16 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
Having now got a 6 metre facility (viz, 6m converter project uncomplete
under
the bench from 20 years ago :-( ), I wonder
what are the favoured antennae for this band?
And, as the FT450D has a single antenna jack, is there an antenna design
that would cover 6M as well as the HF bands?

just ignore it...6m is a merrycan band....

The local S20, etc, population must have decamped somewhere, unless, that
is, they
are all 12 WPM failures and are now on HF masquerading as _REAL_ radio
amateurs?

Old October 7th 15, 10:22 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
Having now got a 6 metre facility (viz, 6m converter project uncomplete
under
the bench from 20 years ago :-( ), I wonder
what are the favoured antennae for this band?
And, as the FT450D has a single antenna jack, is there an antenna design
that would cover 6M as well as the HF bands?

just ignore it...6m is a merrycan band....

The local S20, etc, population must have decamped somewhere, unless, that
is, they
are all 12 WPM failures and are now on HF masquerading as _REAL_ radio
amateurs?

WHY 2M DIED.....

The Fls started to appear on 2m and treated it like local 11m and abused it
and those on it....decent hams went elsewhere...hammy mens went onto their
stolen HF where the wanted to be anyway....class Bs went onto HF where they
always wanted to be anyway and abandoned 2m....that is why 2m is dead

Old October 7th 15, 10:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes

"gareth" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Until I read the last bit, I was going to add
"And God's in His heaven, and all's right with the world".
However, I guess He isn't, and it isn't.

--
Ian

Old October 7th 15, 11:41 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
"gareth" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Some children have imaginary friends and it is preposterous that some adults
continue
to live in such make believe, but if the god is masculine, does that not
imply the presence
of male sexual organs, implying therefore that there must not only be female
gods but also
whole families of gods as the result of the inevitable copulations;
therefore showing up
the Christians and Muslims to be utter charlatans and gving greater credence
to Hindus
and the ancient Romans and ancient Greeks?

Old October 7th 15, 11:51 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
Some children have imaginary friends and it is preposterous that some
adults continue
to live in such make believe, but if the god is masculine, does that not
imply the presence
of male sexual organs, implying therefore that there must not only be
female gods but also
whole families of gods as the result of the inevitable copulations;
therefore showing up
the Christians and Muslims to be utter charlatans and gving greater
credence to Hindus and the ancient Romans and ancient Greeks?

Oh dear Beanie, looKs liKe you've seriously screwed up your medications this
time.
--
;-)
..

Old October 7th 15, 11:59 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

Naw...the sky fairy is unhappy...

Old October 7th 15, 12:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote:

Some children have imaginary friends and it is preposterous that some adults
continue
to live in such make believe, but if the god is masculine, does that not
imply the presence
of male sexual organs, implying therefore that there must not only be female
gods but also
whole families of gods as the result of the inevitable copulations;
therefore showing up
the Christians and Muslims to be utter charlatans and gving greater credence
to Hindus
and the ancient Romans and ancient Greeks?

It's worse than we anticipated, he's upgraded from meths to Cillit Bang!

Gareth, get help.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old October 7th 15, 01:46 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:07:35 +0100, gareth wrote:

Having now got a 6 metre facility (viz, 6m converter project uncomplete
under the bench from 20 years ago :-( ), I wonder what are the
favoured antennae for this band?

A lot depends on what you are hoping to work. To start with, a groundplane
will give you good results both for local FM and DX ssb/morse (during the
Sporadic E season, little DX otherwise.) For more serious DX and F2
propagation, a beam is really a must. Not only for the gain, but also to
cut signals/noise from unwanted directions. Summertime 6m Es can be
absolute bedlam and every little helps!

The inefficiency of short antennae compared to long antennae, as previously discussed. gareth Antenna 119 February 24th 15 10:54 AM
6 Metre Conundrum charlie Antenna 2 June 4th 07 08:12 PM
80 metre 4-square David G4DMP Antenna 2 October 13th 06 04:14 PM
40 metre band Mike Terry Shortwave 1 January 9th 04 06:34 PM
160 metre efficiency Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 8 December 5th 03 06:37 PM