RadioBanter

-   -   Printing wire list from EZNEC? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2354-printing-wire-list-eznec.html)

Yuri Blanarovich September 22nd 04 11:50 PM

Printing wire list from EZNEC?

How can I print wire list or table from EZNEC?

Yuri, K3BU.us

NN7Kex(NOSPAM)k7zfg September 23rd 04 12:52 AM

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

How can I print wire list or table from EZNEC?

Yuri, K3BU.us

Good question- also print for sources, and loads and perhaps
all on the same page ?? Only work-around I have is
a program called " Screen Shot ", but that has its own set
of headaches-- Prints the WHOLE SCREEN- not just the dialog
on the screen you want to view !! Don't think these are just
text files for this program !! Would be a handy addition!
Jim NN7K

Richard Clark September 23rd 04 12:56 AM

On 22 Sep 2004 22:50:11 GMT, oUsama (Yuri Blanarovich)
wrote:

How can I print wire list or table from EZNEC?

Yuri, K3BU.us

Hi Yuri,

Good question. We've always been able to input a wire list, but never
output one (except by transcription).

If it isn't too big, you can do a screen image capture and then print
the image.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Roy Lewallen September 23rd 04 01:23 AM

Look in the EZNEC manual index under "Printing The Antenna Description".
To see what the "Outputs" at the top of the topic means, click the
Contents tab over the left window pane while you have the topic
displayed in the right pane.

The three normally intelligent people posting on this thread weren't
able to find this, and it's a question I'm frequently asked. Is there
any way I can index it so people can find it more easily? What did you
look under in the index before posting this question, and where did the
two people responding look? Apparently people don't make the association
between "antenna description" and "wires table".

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Richard Clark September 23rd 04 06:03 AM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:23:22 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Apparently people don't make the association
between "antenna description" and "wires table".

Hi Roy,

So it would seem.

When I open the currents window, I can go to the File menu selection
and perform "save as."

When I open the source data window, I can go to the File menu
selection and perform "save as."

When I open the load data window, I can go to the File menu selection
and perform "save as."

When I open the far field data window, I can go to the File menu
selection and perform "save as."

When I open the near field data window, I can go to the File menu
selection and perform "save as."

When I open the wires data window, I can NOT go to the File menu
selection and perform "save as."

This is a lack of symmetrical design.

When I go to the File menu of EZNEC, I can select "Import Wires from
ASCII Table."

When I go to the File menu of EZNEC, I can NOT select "Export Wires to
ASCII Table."

This is a lack of symmetrical design.

When I am twice frustrated in trying to find an operation that would
flow from similar program controls, it is not intuitive to seek it
further in what is called a "description."

I like my data separable and even though I am competent to the matter
of building automatic parsers to obtain the data I am interested in,
this is just another pain.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Yuri Blanarovich September 23rd 04 08:08 PM

The three normally intelligent people posting on this thread weren't
able to find this, and it's a question I'm frequently asked. Is there
any way I can index it so people can find it more easily? What did you
look under in the index before posting this question, and where did the
two people responding look? Apparently people don't make the association
between "antenna description" and "wires table".

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Normally, print option should be included/listed under FILE or in this case
under WIRES. It would also help to have SAVE AS in ascii file or whatever.

Richard outlines the idea of organizing the options well.

I actually got around it by using MultiNEC, into which one can import EZNEC
data and then use it as a spreadsheet with print selection of the sheet. K7GCO
asked me how to print wire list and that created the question.

Yuri, K3BU.us

Roy Lewallen September 23rd 04 08:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. The suggestions were constructive, and they
confirmed my observation that some people will do just about anything,
including newsgroup posting, to avoid looking in the manual.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Yuri Blanarovich September 23rd 04 11:01 PM

Thanks for the responses. The suggestions were constructive, and they
confirmed my observation that some people will do just about anything,
including newsgroup posting, to avoid looking in the manual.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

It is more like what is accepted convention in organizing the programs and
menus. Menus can be intuitive and as used elsewhere, or in the form of mystery
chase. Normally, programs allow to print the contents of the window just by
going to FILE and PRINT and active window is printed. No need to aks questions
on the NG :-) You know how it is with manuals - they are for dummies, we are
smart. :-)

Yuri, K3BU.us

Chuck September 27th 04 01:22 AM

Roy Lewallen wrote in message
Thanks for the responses. The suggestions were constructive, and they
confirmed my observation that some people will do just about anything,
including newsgroup posting, to avoid looking in the manual.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Hi Roy,

Not meaning to insult, but judging from the
past, let me suggest that constructive
criticism seems to end up in your waste
basket. Here, it's obvious you'd rather
demean confused users, rather than admit
to a flaw in your program's conception.

One would assume you would have learned
something in regards to "intuitive" or "user
friendly" from the many negative comments
you've received in regards to the horribly
clunky interface of your DOS version.

Apparently, you either haven't the ability to
conceptualize an intuitive interface or you're
just too arrogant to listen to your customer's
suggestions... which is it?

Chuck, WA7RAI

Wes Stewart September 27th 04 07:30 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:22:16 -0700, "Chuck"
wrote:

|Roy Lewallen wrote in message
| Thanks for the responses. The suggestions were constructive, and they
| confirmed my observation that some people will do just about anything,
| including newsgroup posting, to avoid looking in the manual.
|
| Roy Lewallen, W7EL
|
|Hi Roy,
|
|Not meaning to insult, but judging from the
|past, let me suggest that constructive
|criticism seems to end up in your waste
|basket. Here, it's obvious you'd rather
|demean confused users, rather than admit
|to a flaw in your program's conception.
|
|One would assume you would have learned
|something in regards to "intuitive" or "user
|friendly" from the many negative comments
|you've received in regards to the horribly
|clunky interface of your DOS version.
|
|Apparently, you either haven't the ability to
|conceptualize an intuitive interface or you're
|just too arrogant to listen to your customer's
|suggestions... which is it?

You must be talking about another Roy.

I have on several occasions contacted Roy and pointed out minor bugs
and every time I have been thanked for reporting the problem. Usually
a patch was forthcoming to me via email within a day if not sooner. A
public patch could be found on his web site shortly after.

I have to contrast this to a popular logging program that I use where
I have had similar difficulties and posted my comments on their
reflector. Once, the program developer had the nerve to call me on my
unlisted number and ask me to refrain from making such comments
because I was costing them sales. During that conversation I used Roy
as an example of how a software company *should* support its
customers.

They also have the MO of "saving up" bug fixes and selling me an
annual "improved" program, something that I haven't had to do with
EZNEC.