Old September 23rd 04, 05:50 AM
Roger Halstead

Default Antenna analyzer?

I'm looking for a good antenna analyzer. Resonant frequency,
impedance +/- and magnitude. It'd be nice if it would also feed the
results to the computer for display/plot. It would be nice to have a
plot of the antenna characteristics on screen.

I'm somewhat familiar with the MFJ unit, but wonder what else is out
there other than the very expensive commercial units.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old September 23rd 04, 09:57 AM
Ralf Ballis - DL2MRB

There are a lot of units in the market a search at google wuld help.

Take a look at:

http://www.schomandl.com

For field aspects I would prefer the products of MFJ.

Regards,

Ralf

--
Vy 73 es 55 de Ralf, DL2MRB
E-Mail:
Old September 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
larry d clark

Roger Halstead wrote:
I'm looking for a good antenna analyzer. Resonant frequency,
impedance +/- and magnitude. It'd be nice if it would also feed the
results to the computer for display/plot. It would be nice to have a
plot of the antenna characteristics on screen.

I'm somewhat familiar with the MFJ unit, but wonder what else is out
there other than the very expensive commercial units.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

quick and dirty mesurements i use mfj 259,
however i use a HF-VIA when i want to print/save
plots etc. see them at:
http://www.aea-wireless.com/products.htm

larry
kd5foy
Old September 24th 04, 04:57 PM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:48:58 GMT, larry d clark
wrote:

Roger Halstead wrote:
I'm looking for a good antenna analyzer. Resonant frequency,
impedance +/- and magnitude. It'd be nice if it would also feed the
results to the computer for display/plot. It would be nice to have a
plot of the antenna characteristics on screen.

I'm somewhat familiar with the MFJ unit, but wonder what else is out
there other than the very expensive commercial units.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

quick and dirty mesurements i use mfj 259,
however i use a HF-VIA when i want to print/save
plots etc. see them at:
http://www.aea-wireless.com/products.htm

Thanks to all, I had tried google, but apparently didn't use the
right search criteria as I didn't come up with anything. This is
pretty much what I had in mind.

Old September 25th 04, 03:03 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Neighbor:
I use the AEA-CIA. It might be a bit large to take up a tower, but I
have found it to be very useful.
73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

Old September 27th 04, 05:49 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:03:41 -0400, "J. Mc Laughlin"
wrote:

Dear Neighbor:
I use the AEA-CIA. It might be a bit large to take up a tower, but I
have found it to be very useful.

I may give that a try. course you could stop by for coffee and bring
yours along:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)
73 Mac N8TT

Old September 28th 04, 01:34 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Neighbor:
I might be able to do just that. New semester starts in one week so I
am both busy and flexible.
You are about 30 to 35 miles due north of me. What are bad times/days?
73 Mac N8TT