RadioBanter

-   -   Half slopers for 160 and 75 on one tower (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2368-half-slopers-160-75-one-tower.html)

Roger Halstead September 25th 04 08:29 PM

Half slopers for 160 and 75 on one tower

Yesterday I installed a half sloper for 160 with the top end anchored
near the top of my 97 foot tower. It could be beginner's luck, but
the thing works great.

I currently have two 75 meter half wave sloping dipoles (NE and NW)
which work very well, but the coax and baluns make them sag
considerably in the center.

I'm thinking of changing the 75 meter antennas to half slopers and
interspersing them with the 160s. IE...160 and NW, or would I be
better off using a lower attach point for the 75 meter half slopers?

Any one have any experience with these and any suggestions...before
the weather gets really cold.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com