RadioBanter

-   -   jo gunn 10/11meter ant. look at there web site (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2377-jo-gunn-10-11meter-ant-look-there-web-site.html)

[email protected] September 27th 04 04:47 AM

jo gunn 10/11meter ant. look at there web site

www.jogunn.com they are to high for me what do yall think 73s

Wally Gator September 28th 04 12:24 AM

wrote:
www.jogunn.com they are to high for me what do yall think 73s

From their web site for 11 meter antennas:
"The STAR Antennas are high perfomance (spelled performance) long
distance ground wave antennas. They will do an excellent job in DX with
power - handling capabilities rated at 5 KW."

1. DX is not allowed on 11M.
2. 5KW is not allowed on 11M.
3. I will never buy a 10M antenna with the name "Hillbilly" in the title.

So, I'd say study real hard, get a Ham Radio license, build a dipole,
and get rid of the Mullet wearing/Bubba mentality.

Just my .02
Y'all

[email protected] September 28th 04 05:40 AM

lol i no how do you get audio gain from a antenna

Jimmie September 28th 04 04:18 PM

wrote in message
www.jogunn.com they are to high for me what do yall think 73s

Just forget everything that could be said about the antennas. the specs are
laughable. Yes they are overpriced even if they were a decent antenna. Plans
on how to build a good 10M beam are too abundant to waste money on this as
you can build your own from scratch using only a small amount of extra
effort.