RadioBanter

-   -   May be of interest? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/244964-may-interest.html)

Gareth's Downstairs Computer July 28th 17 06:12 PM

May be of interest?

http://hackaday.com/2017/07/28/opene...ely-difficult/

Brian Howie July 28th 17 07:39 PM

May be of interest?

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

http://hackaday.com/2017/07/28/opene...ic-field-solvi
ng-merely-difficult/

Looks interesting. I might even be able to model yagi boom effects.

I tried the waveguide tutorial , but the matlab scripting front end
fails. The constant c0 ( speed of light) was missing and the FDTD line
borks.

??? Undefined function or method 'InitFDTD' for input arguments of type
'char'.

Error in == ems_waveguide at 41
FDTD = InitFDTD('NrTS',1e4, 'OverSampling', 5);

I'm running an old Matlab R2010b and I know later Matlab versions aren't
backward compatible.

Maybe Octave ( which is free) would be better. Upgrading Matlab is
expensive.

Brian

--
Brian Howie

Gareth's Downstairs Computer July 28th 17 09:32 PM

May be of interest?

On 28/07/2017 19:39, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes

http://hackaday.com/2017/07/28/opene...ic-field-solvi
ng-merely-difficult/

Looks interesting. I might even be able to model yagi boom effects.

I tried the waveguide tutorial , but the matlab scripting front end
fails. The constant c0 ( speed of light) was missing and the FDTD line
borks.

??? Undefined function or method 'InitFDTD' for input arguments of type
'char'.

Error in == ems_waveguide at 41
FDTD = InitFDTD('NrTS',1e4, 'OverSampling', 5);

I'm running an old Matlab R2010b and I know later Matlab versions aren't
backward compatible.

Maybe Octave ( which is free) would be better. Upgrading Matlab is
expensive.

Apologies, didn't note the Matlab dependency.

Only use Matlab once when at Nokia to analyse the world-wide production
looking for bugs in the test software, Cpk, 6 sigma and all that.

Brian Howie July 29th 17 11:22 AM

May be of interest?

[...]

It's good for array and matrix manipulation. I used it extensively at
work for image processing. The later toolboxes include Software Defined
Radio blocks, but at £1800 for the latest version, it would be a bit
extravagant.

Scilab does much the same as Matlab, and Octave as mentioned, but I
don't know a great deal about that one.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Brian Howie July 29th 17 02:59 PM

May be of interest?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:32:39 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
wrote:

[...]

I got it to run on Matlab. It was a path setting problem . RTFI
applies. ;-0

ran the waveguide and patch antenna tutorials ok, but the helical
antenna seems to be taking a while.

Cheers

Brian

---