RadioBanter

-   -   4:1 balun advice sought... (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2458-4-1-balun-advice-sought.html)

Bill October 18th 04 11:45 PM

4:1 balun advice sought...

I am looking to add another type of antenna to our product line. It
will require a 4:1 balun/center insulator. Because of time & labor
restrictions, we would just as soon purchase another companies 4:1
balun/center insulator instead of making our own. (At least for the
time being....)

It has been a long time since I've used any baluns. Seems I recall
they were made by Unidilla. I see they are still around and in
business. Reasonably priced, too. Is this the "best bang for your
buck"???

What is the lowest priced 4:1 balun on the market? What, in your
opinion, is the BEST 4:1 balun on the market???

No, I am not a troll. Just legit questions with your feedback very
much appreciated.

Thanks and 73,

Bill - WA8MEA
DWM Communications

http://qth.com/dwm

JGBOYLES October 19th 04 01:13 AM

It has been a long time since I've used any baluns.

What is the lowest priced 4:1 balun on the market?

Hi, Your best bet would be to look at the archives of this group concerning
baluns. A low priced, high performance, one that will work over a wide dynamic
range, is very difficult. If you could narrow your design constraints, the
Wireman, and Byte Mark sell some that might work.
This is an Amateur newsgroup, sounds like you are trying to make some money,
if I am wrong, sorry.
73 Gary N4AST