RadioBanter

-   -   Help conductive anti ox paste source? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2477-help-conductive-anti-ox-paste-source.html)

Fjx1 October 22nd 04 05:55 AM

Help conductive anti ox paste source?

I need some of that anti ox conductive paste you use when assembling yagi
elements. I live on Long Isalnd. Is it available under some brand name at home
depot or electrical supply shops. Don't know what to call it to a non ham.

Tks

gerry

Jim Kelley October 22nd 04 07:41 PM

Fjx1 wrote:

I need some of that anti ox conductive paste you use when assembling yagi
elements. I live on Long Isalnd. Is it available under some brand name at home
depot or electrical supply shops. Don't know what to call it to a non ham.

Tks

gerry

Butternut/Bencher sells "Butter-It's-Not" for that purpose. Looks like
it might be powdered copper suspended in some kind of grease.

http://www.bencher.com/pricing1.html

73, Jim AC6XG

Hal Rosser October 23rd 04 07:58 PM

"Fjx1" wrote in message
I need some of that anti ox conductive paste you use when assembling yagi
elements. I live on Long Isalnd. Is it available under some brand name at

home
depot or electrical supply shops. Don't know what to call it to a non ham.

NoAlox is one brand name (Ideal Industries) - in the Electrical dept at
Lowes, etc
Penetrox is another.
It's used for aluminum Service Entrance Cable connections - like at the
meter -

---

Crazy George October 24th 04 03:39 AM

Be sure you specify "Penetrox - A" which is for Aluminum. At one time, there were a half-dozen versions for different
applications, each with a different formulation. Some of the others contain Nickel, which is a no - no for RF, at least
if you want low intermod performance.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

NN7Kex October 24th 04 03:59 AM

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message ...

"Fjx1" wrote in message

I need some of that anti ox conductive paste you use when assembling yagi
elements. I live on Long Isalnd. Is it available under some brand name at

home

depot or electrical supply shops. Don't know what to call it to a non ham.

NoAlox is one brand name (Ideal Industries) - in the Electrical dept at
Lowes, etc
Penetrox is another.
It's used for aluminum Service Entrance Cable connections - like at the
meter -

---

or "Lubriplate" is another-- Think this by folks in Portland ,OR. - also
make stuff called "COOL AMP" , both contain Silver - spendy, but was made
for restoreing bad contacts in fuse panels, and good conduction in other
electrical connectors-- Cool Amp ( http://www.cool-amp.com/page3.html ) is also great for
silver plateing circuit boards for uhf/microwave freqs! - NN7K

--
To reply, remove the NOSPAM

NN7Kex October 24th 04 04:04 AM

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message

"Fjx1" wrote in message

[...]

Oops- try Conducto-lube Same company, and silver bearing
http://www.cool-amp.com/page2.html NN7K

--
To reply, remove the NOSPAM