RadioBanter

-   -   Discone antenna plans (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/25054-discone-antenna-plans.html)

Cecil Moore January 14th 05 07:33 PM

wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
For instance, if an antenna is resonant on 460 MHz,
multiply all the dimensions by pi to make it resonant
on approximately 146.4 MHz.

This is a joke, right?

Not exactly - just a dash of Aquarian humor.

I am serious with the question. Will "scaling it" for a bottom band of
say 108 mhz make it "less efficent" at higher band?

If a uhf discone is designed to cover 400-500 MHz, for instance,
when you scale it to a vhf center frequency of 108 MHz, it will
cover approximately 96-120 MHz.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Richard Clark January 14th 05 07:47 PM

On 14 Jan 2005 10:59:47 -0800, wrote:
I am serious with the question. Will "scaling it" for a bottom band of
say 108 mhz make it "less efficent" at higher band?

Only if you burn yur pi krust on the higher setting - SERIOUS! :-)

By the way, what flavor pi did you pick? In the News Democrat and
LEader they offer recipes for cranberries today (mmmm cranberry pi for
UHF). The Kentucky NeW Era reports apples are a good bet out at
Schlei's Orchards this weekend (mmmm apple pi for VHF).

Richard Clark January 14th 05 11:51 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:46:55 GMT, "Radio Man"
wrote:
i don't have apples....only windows xp

*** the category is pi for 2¢ ***
*** Sorry, but in these rounds of Jeopardy, ***
*** you must put your response in the form of a question ***

tum-de-dum-dum dum-dum-dum ....