RadioBanter

-   -   Capacity hat, cont'd (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/253372-capacity-hat-contd.html)

Gareth's Downstairs Computer February 4th 18 11:56 AM

Capacity hat, cont'd

Originally intended to use the rest of the
1/4 mile CB antennae for the hat (I have the appropriate
tap for the screw thread) but concerned about the possible
detuning caused by the flexibility, started looking around
for stainless steel rodding and hit upon M6 screwed rod.

Then, bethought me, I'd always fancied a weather vane and
it would be a small step for the 4 arms of the hat to be
the compass points of the vane (Is boxing the compass as
obsolete these days as is the soldering iron?).

But what for the vane itself? Aha! A Morse key, and
googling not expecting to find an example, there's a
firm over in Yankland doing just that, but for the
prices they charge, you might as well go and get
a top-of-the-line transceiver! ...

https://www.westcoastweathervanes.co...e-weathervane/