RadioBanter

-   -   80/40 Antenna Recommendations (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2758-80-40-antenna-recommendations.html)

Michael J. Donohue December 19th 04 08:34 PM

80/40 Antenna Recommendations

Hi:
I am currently changing my antennae here and would appreciate your
comments etc on which would be the better way to go as far as a 80/40
Dipole/Inverted V. In the past, I have used "Reyco Traps" and found I
that they don't hold up to high power very well during adverse weather
conditions. I am in the market to replace my Inverted V with either
one of one of the following two antennae.

Alpha Delta DX-DD

Hy-Gain DP-2BDQ

Best Seasons Greetings
73 De Mike
VE3YF

Crazy George December 20th 04 04:27 AM

OK, Mike, you want a 80/40 antenna which will handle all the power you can come by, and doesn't cost much? Forget
commercial junk. Put a 40 M dipole under a 80 M dipole with 6" spacers every 10 feet. I have one I have been using
since 1962 in 3 locations, run a full KW, and only have to repair the soft copper every five or ten years. Make yours
from hard drawn copper or better yet, copperweld, and it will last forever.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address