RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna computor modeling analysis (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/335-antenna-computor-modeling-analysis.html)

Art Unwin KB9MZ August 29th 03 09:10 PM

Antenna computor modeling analysis

When modeling a particular antenna and reviewing the
current flow on a particular radiator that was
interupted by a gap ( small capacitor) it was noticed
that the current values showed a flutter or cyclical
current curves (positive values with cyclical deviation )
before the smoothed out to a normal current curve,starting
at the capacitor gap
Anybody have any idea what this represents as opposed
to an assumption that it was all misprogrammed?
I was thinking that it showed a particular high
resonance ( mechanical? ) at that particular point
but that is what I want it to represent.
This only appeared when the antenna was relatively
resistive ( 60 ohms) and 2Kc wide ( resonated loop ala filter)
and applying max number of pulses per sectiom.
( professional program that provides high pulse useage)
At the moment I am trying to remove these small waves
by adding resistance to broaden the bandwidth.
Sorry the question is not as high tech as the present
flood of wave reflection, conjugate match postings e.t.c.
but it does provide something that all can voice an
opinion on and rejoin the group, hopefully after a little
bit of thought or a rummage thru a book.
Regards
Art

Richard Clark August 30th 03 02:26 AM

On 29 Aug 2003 13:10:55 -0700, (Art Unwin KB9MZ)
wrote:
I was thinking that it showed a particular high
resonance ( mechanical? ) at that particular point
but that is what I want it to represent.

Hi Art,

It appears that Peter's references offers a form of math to satisfy
your observation:
William C. Elmore and Mark A Heald, "Physics of Waves", first published in
1969, but
most recently published in paperback by Dover Publications, New York, 1985
and
generally available in reprints even today for around US$17.00. A real
bargain.
ISBN: 0-486-64926-1 LCCN: 85-10419.

or
With compressive-dillutive waves
the "vibrations" occur in the effective density of the medium.

B. L. N. Kennett, "The Siesmic Wavefield", Cambridge University Press, New
York, NY, 2001. ISBN: 0-521-00663-5.

But be aware it is full of gratuitous partial differential equations and
tensor analysis. The stress-strain variables of compressible-dillutive
media are expressed as tensors and the partial differential equations are
cast in tensor form.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Art Unwin KB9MZ August 30th 03 01:25 PM

wrote:
[...]

I did not realise it was an "earth shaking event"!
Art