RadioBanter

-   -   Ladder line questions (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/468-ladder-line-questions.html)

mike September 22nd 03 01:21 AM

Ladder line questions

Hey group,

I am trying to get away from adding unwanted capacitance to my antenna
circuit so I tune it more effectively. I would like to do away with
coax. This is a SWL antenna.

Will 300 ohm TV twin lead suffice as ladder line? Does this add any
noise or capacitance?

thanks,

mike

Crazy George September 22nd 03 05:24 AM

Mike:
What kind of receiver are you using? If it has any sensitivity at all, then
it won't matter much about matching, as the local noise external level will
exceed the receiver noise floor, even through a mismatched feed system.
Read all the posts to the recent "ten-tec v - beam " discussion for more
insight. Roy and others discuss the difference between receive and
transmitting antennas in that frame of reference.

--
Crazy George
Remove NO and SPAM from return address