RadioBanter

-   -   comments on this off center fed antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/53-re-comments-off-center-fed-antenna.html)

Mark Keith July 13th 03 11:27 PM

comments on this off center fed antenna

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

What I am looking for is a simple antenna without traps that will allow me
to keep a sched on 80 meters with a friend while I am away form home and
also have the ability to use other bands without a big loss in efficency and
be coax fed. I know I could just use a 80 meter dipole but would be taking
a big loss on 40 meters if I use coax to feed it.

73 de KU4PT

If you have room, you could slap 40 legs onto the same coax in
parallel. 20m also if you wanted. The good part about doing that is
you get normal dipole performance and pattern on both the bands if at
right angles. No compromising on efficiency.
Even if not at exact right angles, it would work fine. Many of mine
are like stretched "X's", or butterfly wings. MK