RadioBanter

-   -   verticle? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/531-verticle.html)

Lesedan October 3rd 03 01:32 AM

verticle?

I have a verticle antenna about 18 ft. long it is green fibrglass and has
Kearny, N.J. on the tag.
It is too long for 10 or 6 meters according to swr meter. Anyone have any
idea who made it or band it is for. I figure at least 40meters.

Cecil Moore October 3rd 03 03:48 AM

Lesedan wrote:
I have a verticle antenna about 18 ft. long it is green fibrglass and has
Kearny, N.J. on the tag.
It is too long for 10 or 6 meters according to swr meter. Anyone have any
idea who made it or band it is for. I figure at least 40meters.

If it's a 1/4WL, you have a 13 MHz antenna.
If it's a 5/8WL, it's for 32.5 MHz. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Gary McAdams October 3rd 03 03:22 PM

Lesedan

18 feet is about a half wave on 11 meters.

Most likely what you have there is one of the many
half wave CB antennas made.

73, Gary

'Doc October 3rd 03 04:22 PM

....ditto