RadioBanter

-   -   horz/vertical 2 meter spacing? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/624-horz-vertical-2-meter-spacing.html)

[email protected] October 18th 03 05:43 AM

horz/vertical 2 meter spacing?

I made a post last week, with that 'input', have decided to
install only two antennas , one a duel band 2/440 vertical ground
plane, and a two meter horz ground plane,(looks like a 4 leave
clover),,,,,,,,I plan to have the duel bander on the top, what I
would like to know is how far part should I 'space' these two antenna?
I can easily keep them four to six feet
apart, If I have to I can make that distance greater,,, but will take
a little "fabrication". I really appreciate your input. I have read
the books, but there is nothing like experience. cl 73

CommCtr1 October 18th 03 01:48 PM

Generally you want to keep your antenna's separated by at least 1/4
wavelength of the lowest frequency.
So if its a dual band VHF/UHF, you want to stay at least 18 inches from the
other antenna if it is also VHF.
But you always want to stay a 1/4 wave apart for general practice.