RadioBanter

-   -   10 Mtr Qrp Antenna? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/64121-10-mtr-qrp-antenna.html)

Radio Man February 10th 05 01:06 PM

10 Mtr Qrp Antenna?

I have a 10 mtr handheld that requires a telescopic ant
with a bnc connector at the base. I would like this ant
to be 4 ft or less. Is there a site which explains how to
construct the above?

February 10th 05 02:02 PM

not worth making, you can buy one for a quid or so from Doug at Knights
CB... that is if your in the UK?

Buck February 10th 05 03:45 PM

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:06:12 GMT, "Radio Man"
wrote:

I have a 10 mtr handheld that requires a telescopic ant
with a bnc connector at the base. I would like this ant
to be 4 ft or less. Is there a site which explains how to
construct the above?

Check Radio Shack and similar stores online to see if they have
replacement antennas for hand-held CB radios.

--
73 for now
Buck

Hal Rosser February 11th 05 10:38 PM

"Radio Man" wrote in message
I have a 10 mtr handheld that requires a telescopic ant
with a bnc connector at the base. I would like this ant
to be 4 ft or less. Is there a site which explains how to
construct the above?

If you're qrp-ing - remember the less power you use - the more important the
antenna becomes.
Strap a quarter-wave whip onto your beanie!

Richard Clark February 13th 05 06:54 AM

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:27:00 -0500, "Hal Rosser"
wrote:

Ahh yes - the knights of the round table had no idea their armor would make
a great counterpoise for a 10-meter whip.

Hmmm, I am pretty certain when they had it horizontally polarized and
end fed against another horse mounted knight, that they did indeed
appreciate that their armor served to counterpoise the inertia of
making a contact.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC