Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21st 05, 01:48 AM

Default F to B and F to rear

Regarding antenners, thats right,antennas.
Plenty of listings for various gains achieved with antennas
but I have not seen any similar listings for F/R and F/B.
Is there any around so I can see what can be or has been attained or
is blocking of rear signals of little consequence for todays hams. I can see
that being true
for when the band has just opened and propagation has not opened to the rear
or
with net operations so perhaps gain is every thing after all.
It is my opinion that if interest/efforts are increased first in deflecting
the rear action to the
front first and thereby INCREASING the front lobe width there will be more
opportunities
for increasing gains without the side lobes and narrow forward lobes that
accompany Yagi's.
as well as shorter booms. ( more deflectors/reflectors perhaps)
( no religeous, porno or genocide preaching please, fighting to see which is
best
could take place on boat anchor nets to see which has taken position of the
lowest level)
Regards
Art