RadioBanter

-   -   antenna high above ground (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/66080-antenna-high-above-ground.html)

Kenneth Opskar March 5th 05 10:33 PM

antenna high above ground

I wonder abt antenna high. How do we count the antenna high? Is it
referenced from the ground, or the roof of a building. Say I put a 3 el yagi
on a mast connected to my roof, apx 5 meters above ground. Does the distance
from the roof to the ground count, or do I have to put it up another 1/2
wave from the roof top ? Any experience?

Regards
Ken

nick smith March 5th 05 10:46 PM

Do you mean "height" ?

If so, it's height above ground that counts for propagation purposes. However
it would also be important to site the antenna well above the roof as well to
avoid interaction from the roof - all height helps !

I assume you are putting up a 10 metre 3 ele beam ?

Nick