RadioBanter

-   -   Interesting Antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/66866-interesting-antennas.html)

Asimov March 28th 05 04:54 AM

"Wes Stewart" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Mar 05 18:12:13)
--- on the heady topic of " Interesting Antennas"

WS From: Wes Stewart
WS Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:27405

WS On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:48:41 -0600, Cecil Moore
WS wrote:

WS [snip]

I compensated by growing up to be six foot four.

WS I've met Cecil and can vouch for that.

Bah, the bigger they are the nicer they are!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... "Water? I never touch the stuff -- fish screw in it!" -- W.C. Fields

Asimov March 28th 05 05:05 AM

"Cecil Moore" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Mar 05 14:48:41)
--- on the heady topic of " Interesting Antennas"

CM From: Cecil Moore
CM Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:27378

I suppose you may have compensated by growing up to become a
lumberjack or a marines sargent?

CM I compensated by growing up to be six foot four. Judge Cecil
CM Neeley was indeed a marine corps general before he retired.

I wasn't so far off then. BTW I'm plagued with an oddball real name
myself which is why I used the pen name Asimov. However, I plead
ignorance of General and Judge Neeley? A famous american no doubt?
TIA

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well.

Cecil Moore March 28th 05 03:49 PM

Wes Stewart wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
I compensated by growing up to be six foot four.

I've met Cecil and can vouch for that.

Hey Wes, I just heard a sportscaster say that
one of the reasons that Oklahoma State lost to
Arizona is that they don't have any really big
players. Their biggest is only 6' 10". :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil Moore March 28th 05 04:36 PM

Reg Edwards wrote:
The main difference, then, between Cecil and John Wayne, is that
rattle-snake shooting Cecil is not so slow witted.

Actually, I've always thought the main difference between
me and John Wayne was the size of our feet. His were
something like 8 1/2. Mine are 13. My uncle said I would
have been a tall guy if I didn't have so much turned down
for feet.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil Moore March 28th 05 04:59 PM

Asimov wrote:
However, I plead
ignorance of General and Judge Neeley? A famous american no doubt?

A famous American in Madison County, TX.

Wes Stewart March 28th 05 06:30 PM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:49:15 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Wes Stewart wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
I compensated by growing up to be six foot four.

I've met Cecil and can vouch for that.

Hey Wes, I just heard a sportscaster say that
one of the reasons that Oklahoma State lost to
Arizona is that they don't have any really big
players. Their biggest is only 6' 10". :-)

The reason OK lost is because, despite AZ's off-night loss to IL and
their friends the officials and the crowd, they were up against the
best team in college basketball.

Our biggest guy, Channing Frye, is listed variously as 6' 10" or 6'
11".