Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 23rd 05, 12:38 AM
K7ITM

Default (yet another) transmission line question

More for the fun of pondering it than for any immediate practical
reason...

If I make a balanced two-wire transmission line from round wires, and
I'm constrained to have the wire center-to-center spacing some
particular value (say one inch, or five centimeters, or whatever), what
wire diameter should I use to get the lowest matched-line loss? What
impedance line does that give (assuming air dielectric)?

Clearly for a given wire diameter, the wider the spacing the lower the
loss up to the point where radiation plus dielectric loss becomes
significant, but I can imagine situations where you want to limit the
wire spacing and get low loss.

Cheers,
Tom

Phone line as SW antenna [04-Apr-00] William Mcfadden Info 0 December 1st 04 08:00 AM
Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
Folded monopole dilemma The other John Smith Antenna 15 April 23rd 04 07:20 PM
Phone line as SW antenna [04-Apr-00] William Mcfadden Info 0 March 1st 04 08:00 AM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy - new measurement Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 69 December 5th 03 02:11 PM