Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 30th 03, 01:52 PM
Patrick J. Hoban

Default Homebrew tuner

All,
I am planning on building a "T" antenna tuner. ---Series Cap--Shunt
Inductor--Series Cap--
I scrounged up an old 5KW RF deck (FREE!!!)
It has 2 large caps (1 is much larger and has 2 ganged section) and a 10
turn tapped inductor (air core).

My question is:
Would I use the larger cap at the antenna side of the inductor or the
receiver side?
Does it make a difference?
I plan on using an alligator clip on the inductor until I can establish some
useful positions, then I will install a multi-position switch.

Thanks for any assistance,

Pat Hoban - N2ZVT

Adjustment of simple balanced tuner Edward A. Feustel Antenna 1 October 17th 03 03:02 PM
When antenna tuner won't tune W5DXP Antenna 10 August 6th 03 01:50 AM
SGC-235 Tuner M Wilson Antenna 2 July 18th 03 06:59 AM
Grounding an auto antenna tuner Myron Antenna 8 July 12th 03 10:13 PM
Tuner detunes antenna David Cook Antenna 2 July 11th 03 09:42 PM