RadioBanter

-   -   Ionosphere charge (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/679-ionosphere-charge.html)

Tom Bruhns October 30th 03 09:17 PM

Ionosphere charge

Here's a link to an article about charge in the ionosphere that might
be interesting to antenna folk. Nothing directly about antennas or
radio wave propagation there, but since we depend on the ionosphere so
much for skip, knowing a little more about it may be interesting.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list155159

Cheers,
Tom

Thierry October 30th 03 10:20 PM

"Tom Bruhns" wrote in message
Here's a link to an article about charge in the ionosphere that might
be interesting to antenna folk. Nothing directly about antennas or
radio wave propagation there,

Hi,

So try this one then http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-perturbation.htm
More are available but written in French (Science section, specially "La
Belle aurore !" or "le Soleil" in Compendium of the solar system)
Use the translation tool to read it in English. Should work.

73's
Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY (why god "SKY" ? Guess...)

Thierry October 31st 03 12:08 AM

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message

Another interesting article about blackouts "Geomagnetic Storms Can Threaten
Electric Power Grid"
http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/eiskappenman.html

Thierry
ON4SKY