RadioBanter

-   -   Balun 4:1 (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/70196-balun-4-1-a.html)

Yvson May 2nd 05 03:04 PM

Balun 4:1

Hi! I'm building a homebrew T antenna tuner and would like to make the
4:1 balun for it. As I live in Brazil (northeastern and the poorest
part of the country) it is very difficult to find ferrite cores in my
city, i would like to make it with ferrite rods from MW radios. I have
three ferrite rods with diameter of 3/8 inchs and lenght of 4 inchs.

I know it is possible to use them to make the Balun, but I would like
to make one that can hold the maximum of 100 to 150W (it's for my
Yaesu FT757GX use).

Does anyone have any project? I have small experience in electronics,
so I would like detailed instructions to not make any mistake.

73,

Yvson - PR7BOK

John Smith May 2nd 05 10:04 PM

Yvson:

See if any of the following links are helpful to you:
http://www.arising.com.au/people/Hol...ph/CMBalun.htm

http://www.arising.com.au/people/Hol...h/CM4Balun.htm

http://www.catchnet.com.au/~rjandusi...n_winding.html

http://webpages.charter.net/aa5tb/balun.html