Old November 3rd 03, 11:05 PM
Reg Edwards

Default IF

If the current (-I1) coming out of a small toroidally-wound coil,
effectively of zero length and diameter in terms of a wavelength, is
different in magnitude from the current (I2) going in at the other end,
where is the make-up-the-difference current (I3) coming from?

I1 + I2 + I3 = Effectively zero.

To where is the I3 wire connected ?

Or is Kirchoff finally going out of fashion according to some noisy,
baffle-gabbing, old-wive-contributors to this supposed educational newsgroup
?
----
Reg.

Old November 3rd 03, 11:22 PM
Roy Lewallen

I join you at being astounded at the poor grasp of the most fundamental
principles being exhibited by people claiming to be engineers. I was
truly lucky in never having to work with people with that shaky a grasp
of basic circuit theory. I can only speculate that they must have moved
up into management pretty early on, before they got into a position
where they actually had to produce something that worked.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old November 4th 03, 12:33 AM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:

I join you at being astounded at the poor grasp of the most fundamental
principles being exhibited by people claiming to be engineers. I was
truly lucky in never having to work with people with that shaky a grasp
of basic circuit theory.

Do you also assert that the current into a 1/8WL stub has to be equal to
the current out of a 1/8WL stub? If not, why not? It's the same principle
as a real-world series coil. I can make the inductance so large that the
current is flowing into the bottom and the top of the coil at the same time
in opposite directions.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 4th 03, 01:42 AM
J. McLaughlin

Roy, again, has hit the nail square on its head. That he continues to
attempt to educate the uneducatable proves he is a better educator than
I am. However, I have the responsibility to fail the fools and thus
provide a short-cut in their move towards management.
Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA

Old November 4th 03, 01:58 AM
Cecil Moore

J. McLaughlin wrote:

Roy, again, has hit the nail square on its head. That he continues to
attempt to educate the uneducatable proves he is a better educator than
I am. However, I have the responsibility to fail the fools and thus
provide a short-cut in their move towards management.

Heh, heh, so all one has to do to prove one's point on this newsgroup
is be a guru who mounts ad hominem attacks on his opponent. I think
I understand now.

So allow me to ask you this question. If a one foot piece of copper
wire causes a one degree delay in the current, how can a 20 foot
piece of copper wire shaped in a coil cause zero delay through the
coil. I don't remember studying that in EE.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 3rd 03, 11:42 PM
'Doc

Reg,
That question has potential...
'Doc
Old November 4th 03, 12:04 AM
David Robbins

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Reg,
That question has potential...
'Doc

the only potential it has is to start another never ending argument... i'm
not even going to fall for the obviously intended pun.

Old November 4th 03, 12:41 AM
Cecil Moore

JGBOYLES wrote:
Hi Reg, Did someone Imply that? I think they are mistaken with toroids and
physically short solenoids.

It is extremely easy to prove. Given the following circuit:

Ifwd-in-- coil Ifwd-out--
-------------------------/////////////---------------------
--Iref-out --Iref-in

Some are saying that the sum of Ifwd+Iref is equal no matter
how much inductance the coil has. That is obviously false.
For that to be true, both Ifwd and Iref would have to travel
the length of the coil in zero time, i.e. faster than light.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old November 4th 03, 02:42 AM
Reg Edwards

Hi Reg, Did someone Imply that? I think they are mistaken with toroids and
physically short solenoids.
73 Gary N4AST

They didn't just imply it - they actually said they had measured it. They
are still wandering around with their delusions. No names - no pack drill.
---
Reg, G4FGQ