RadioBanter

-   -   Question on HS Screwdriver land installation (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/711-question-hs-screwdriver-land-installation.html)

Paul Braun November 5th 03 02:28 AM

Question on HS Screwdriver land installation

I'm about to mount a High Sierra screwdriver in my yard to use as my
base antenna (condo living, dontcha know....)

I'm going to polish up the brass stud on the mounting bracket. Should
I put some sort of anti-oxidation stuff on it before I mount the
antenna? I'll be removing the quick-release for the whip as well,
since this will be a permanent install and I want one less point of
failure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul WD9GCO

Yuri Blanarovich November 5th 03 03:19 AM

Should
I put some sort of anti-oxidation stuff on it before I mount the
antenna? I'll be removing the quick-release for the whip as well,
since this will be a permanent install and I want one less point of
failure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul WD9GCO

Try to minimize the resistance in connections, they are at high current point.
Clean contacts, tight. You can use baby vaseline to coat the connections,
cheaper and good enough. Don't forget some counterpoise or radials.

Yuri

Cecil Moore November 13th 03 08:06 PM

Paul Braun wrote:

I'm about to mount a High Sierra screwdriver in my yard to use as my
base antenna (condo living, dontcha know....)

I'm going to polish up the brass stud on the mounting bracket. Should
I put some sort of anti-oxidation stuff on it before I mount the
antenna? I'll be removing the quick-release for the whip as well,
since this will be a permanent install and I want one less point of
failure.

Any suggestions?

Trade your present brass connector for one that is simply
threaded with a 3/8" fine thread hole. That's what I did.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP