RadioBanter

-   -   question not ant related. (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/71319-question-not-ant-related.html)

[email protected] May 20th 05 11:35 PM

question not ant related.

Why is it when I preview my post, it looks OK, but when it shows up on
Google, the wrap-around is all messed-up? Annoying the way it finally
ends up.
Gary N4AST

Hal Rosser May 21st 05 02:41 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Why is it when I preview my post, it looks OK, but when it shows up on
Google, the wrap-around is all messed-up? Annoying the way it finally
ends up.
Gary N4AST

if you're trying to 'format' the post
use short lines.
but still
it
doesn't
look right
sometimes after posting

John Smith May 21st 05 03:07 AM

I too have had problems with the formatting... looks like the post was
written by an errant child sometimes...

I have played with font and line wrapping to get better and worse
results--still, many times it appears not as intended...

Pretty much, I have given up attempting control...

Warmest regards,
John
oups.com...

[email protected] May 21st 05 06:48 AM

wrote:
Why is it when I preview my post, it looks OK, but when it shows up

on
Google, the wrap-around is all messed-up? Annoying the way it

finally
ends up.
Gary N4AST

Dunno, posting from google has the same problem...
I have to wrap my own lines it seems, and if you
go too far, it extends thats line so it goes the
whole page...Sometimes I wonder if it's the res,
and fonts I've been using. I'm on a 21 inch monitor,
and I'm running 1078x768 desktop, with slightly
larger fonts than stock..A normal "google " line
doesn't even cross half my monitor... Where as the
older days when I ran 640 or 800, wrapping was semi
monitor/font imposed...IE: it was more obvious...MK

Richard Fry May 21st 05 02:07 PM

Why is it when I preview my post, it looks OK, but when it shows up on
Google, the wrap-around is all messed-up? Annoying the way it finally
ends up.

If using Outlook Express...

Go to Tools/Options/Send on the menu bar
Select Plain Text for mail sending
Click on Plain Text Settings
Set auto-wrap for 70 to 75 characters

"OK" your way back out of the menus.