Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11th 05, 12:13 PM
ml

Default model/dipole help

Hi
'
Ihave sgc 237 going into about 5ft of ladder line (mounted at base of
mast) to a horiz ctr feed dipole
'
it measures about 20ft 7" rf 'hot' side and 33' 7" rf gnd side

I am only haveing a mac, and never used any modeling software, can
someone help me out, and given the above data what are the

assumptions or pro's /cons' that would be expected at these dimensions?
(aside from the obv being it's kinda short)

The tuner will tune it all bands 6m to 160m my max swr is 1.5 and
usually is 1.2

my goal is to learn all about where i am /or not resonant , giving
harmonice or volt/vs currents etc (or perhaps that dosn't apply w/a
antenna mounted tuner)

Seems i also give a bit of tvi on 20m broadcast and a bit on 80m to the
direct tv

might just be rf overload however i'd like in general to learn about
my antenna and what the numbers mean

any help is greatly appreciated, perhaps i can use that info if my
antenna is at a really odd/bad length i could tweek it to make it better

thou i don't have much space left

thanks