Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 2nd 05, 03:22 PM

Default Support for a 90 ft folded dipole - suggestions

I want to raise the center of my 91 ft folded dipole to at least 35
feet. I live on the west coast of Florida with all the attendant
possibilites of hurricanes. I cannot afford a retractable tower and do
not have room for proper guy wires. I want to be able to put a pulley
at the top so I am able to lower the antenna in the event of high
winds. I have a cement block house with a roof peak of about 16 feet,
I would prefer not to have to pour a base for the "mast".
I would appreciate any advice on supporting the "mast" to the house
wall and what material to use for the "mast" so that it might not be
permanantly bent by 125 mph winds.

Any constructive help gratefully welcomed