RadioBanter

-   -   F5VKM - New antennas ... (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/75721-f5vkm-new-antennas.html)

The hustler August 3rd 05 12:00 PM

F5VKM - New antennas ...

All,

I've been listening to this guy on 80/40m with his 60m high antenna, he's
a huge signal with me and indeed crashed over the top of the pileups for
the PY's on 40m the other eveningm now I see he is selling them.

Might be worth a look if you have a small garden as it would appear it
works fine from this type of QTH.

www.f5vkm.com

hustler ...

Rick Scott August 3rd 05 02:45 PM

What a lame attempt to advertise YOUR antennas

Bob Miller August 3rd 05 05:02 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:00:34 +0100, (The
hustler) wrote:

All,

I've been listening to this guy on 80/40m with his 60m high antenna, he's
a huge signal with me and indeed crashed over the top of the pileups for
the PY's on 40m the other eveningm now I see he is selling them.

Might be worth a look if you have a small garden as it would appear it
works fine from this type of QTH.

www.f5vkm.com

hustler ...

I'm sure a lot of antennas work well when they're 60m high -- that's
about 195 feet off the ground, if my math is correct. Just the thing
for that "small garden."

bob
k5qwg

Rick Scott August 3rd 05 05:18 PM

And you would be ?

The hustler August 3rd 05 05:20 PM

You couldn't be more wrong chap, I too live in France, Grenoble actually ...
That's why he is such a good signal here !

Rick Scott August 3rd 05 05:26 PM

Oh and your Use of CHAP, not many Frenchmen I met use that term. But
hmm English chaps do. And Looking at the QRZ Callsign lookup of that
F5 I find

Mike F5VKM (UK Callsigns M0AWS/G1SYT)

Oh gee, Just happens to be English as well.

What An AMAZING Coincidence.

Richard Clark August 3rd 05 05:54 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:20:12 +0100, (The
hustler) wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong chap, I too live in France, Grenoble actually ...
That's why he is such a good signal here !

Let's see, F5VKM lives in Bretagne, you are posting this in Bretagne,
and Grenoble is roughly 700KM away. That 60M high antenna would
probably hit you if it fell.

There was a guy caught by his cell-phone recently. Same class of
mistake.

Tom Ring August 4th 05 03:17 AM

The hustler wrote:

I'm English too, one of the 400,000 that currently live in France!

My sympathies. If you need contributions for the trip home, please
contact me.

tom
K0TAR