RadioBanter

-   -   what is the best filter to buy for my part 15 am.station (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/76907-what-best-filter-buy-my-part-15-am-station.html)

Pirate Radio August 23rd 05 07:21 PM

what is the best filter to buy for my part 15 am.station

i need a filter for my part 15 am radio just to be on the safe side
cause the army choppers fly around here frequently

Fred W4JLE August 23rd 05 09:46 PM

Probably not a problem. There communications are normally FM. The only AM is
on the aeronautic band around 120 Mhz and Army common 243 Mhz. :)

How much power are you running, and on which frequency? Necessary info to
help you with a filter.

Pirate Radio August 24th 05 07:50 AM

the freq will be 1700. not much power not over 5 watts also i am in the
country only a few people live around me so i can crank up the power lol
thanks for the info

Wes Stewart August 24th 05 02:55 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:50:03 -0500, (Pirate Radio)
wrote:

the freq will be 1700. not much power not over 5 watts also i am in the
country only a few people live around me so i can crank up the power lol
thanks for the info

Lemme see.... At 1700 KHz I would say that the optimum filter would
be a piece of copper strap about 1/4" wide and 1/2" long placed right
across the output of the transmitter.

Stop back sometime and let us know how this works out.

Dave Platt August 24th 05 06:53 PM

wrote:

the freq will be 1700. not much power not over 5 watts also i am in the
country only a few people live around me so i can crank up the power lol
thanks for the info

Scarcely seems like a "Part 15" AM station under those conditions?

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Hosting the Jade Warrior home page:

Pirate Radio August 25th 05 07:42 AM

well almost part 15.

see sea oh ecks at you aitch see dot comm August 25th 05 06:04 PM

Pirate Radio wrote:
well almost part 15.

Inasmuch as it's unlicensed!
--
Chris Cox, N0UK/G4JEC NIC Handle: CC345
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Roger Conroy August 25th 05 08:26 PM

"see sea oh ecks at you aitch see dot comm"
wrote in message ...
Pirate Radio wrote:
well almost part 15.

Inasmuch as it's unlicensed!
--
Chris Cox, N0UK/G4JEC NIC Handle: CC345
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

May I suggest that you direct your enquiry to the nearest FCC office. I'm
sure they will be very keen to help you!

Tom Ring August 27th 05 01:35 AM

Pirate Radio wrote:

well almost part 15.

Meaning not. Which is the important part.

tom
K0TAR

Pirate Radio August 27th 05 07:45 AM

ok guys the station is on the air i set the freq on 1700. and a very
long wire ant . about 20 ft high over 100ft of wire damm took most of
the day to set the post in i could only put in a big loop had my other
pirate pal to help me take care out there in radio land from alabama
radio