RadioBanter

-   -   RG-174a source (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/830-rg-174a-source.html)

amdx November 27th 03 02:19 PM

RG-174a source

I'm looking to purchase 100 ft or 250 ft of RG-174a coax cable.
Anyone have favorite sources for coax?

Thanks
Mike

mark November 27th 03 03:53 PM

hi,

http://www.cablexperts.com

http://www.thewireman.com

Both good to deal with.

markus

Cecil Moore November 27th 03 03:56 PM

amdx wrote:
I'm looking to purchase 100 ft or 250 ft of RG-174a coax cable.
Anyone have favorite sources for coax?

The Wireman, Inc., 261 Pittman Road, Landrum, SC 29356
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Uncle Peter November 27th 03 04:00 PM

"mark" wrote in message
hi,

http://www.cablexperts.com

http://www.thewireman.com

Both good to deal with.

markus

I've only done two orders with the WireMan, and sad to say
both were entirely screwed up. Both orders caused delays
in tower or antennas erections. Not that they didn't do their
best to correct the problem--but I'll never deal with them again.

Pete

'Doc November 27th 03 05:49 PM

Mike,
Just to satisfy my curiousity, what are you going
to use that much of it for?
'Doc

Dave VanHorn November 27th 03 06:00 PM

I've only done two orders with the WireMan, and sad to say
both were entirely screwed up. Both orders caused delays
in tower or antennas erections. Not that they didn't do their
best to correct the problem--but I'll never deal with them again.

Pete

Must Resist Delayed Erection Joke .... :)

amdx November 27th 03 09:17 PM

Just to satisfy my curiousity, what are you going
to use that much of it for?
'Doc

I'm replacing the damaged cable on an underwater camera.
It has been a while since I looked at it, It might be 75ft or 125ft.

Thanks to all for the leads

Mike

'Doc November 28th 03 04:25 AM

Thanks...
'Doc

Crazy George November 29th 03 03:22 AM

Mike:

I would sure look at Teflon for that application. RG-400 or something like
that. Look at Times Fiber or Pasternack web sites for identification. I've
used a lot of RG-174, and it invariably breaks before I am through with it,
while the same size Teflon is much stronger.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address