RadioBanter

-   -   Dual Band vertical (2m/70 cm) problem / details (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/83872-dual-band-vertical-2m-70-cm-problem-details.html)

Ed Laughery December 8th 05 01:32 PM

Dual Band vertical (2m/70 cm) problem / details

Hi

The antenna that I am working with is built as follows:

The base to coil section is approx 7 " - depending on where I am measuring,
this would pretty much coincide with a 1/4 wave 440 segment - next is about
12 turns (.5 "" dia.) followed by a 17 " segment. I cannot reconcile the
length for two meters. With an analyzer, I cannot sweep thru freq. and find
any close resonant point at 2 meters. This is a thru glass antenna but
regardless of direct coupling or putting between glass, I can only get a
VSWR of 1.9 - 2.1 on 440 and 6.+ on two meters. I certainly don't mind
trimming the top section, if I have a chance at making it work as the dual
bander it is supposed to be. Any bit of wisdom would be greatly
appreciated.

AD5JV Ed

Cecil Moore December 8th 05 03:14 PM

Dual Band vertical (2m/70 cm) problem / details

Ed Laughery wrote:
This is a thru glass antenna ...

A lot of thru-glass antennas are end-fed
electrical half wavelength antennas.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp