RadioBanter

-   -   DK3 mounting question (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/847-dk3-mounting-question.html)

Theplanters95 November 30th 03 10:00 PM

DK3 mounting question

I have a DK3 screwdriver from hamradiotoys.com and was wondering the best way
to mount it on a ford explorer. It has a 3/8-24 bolt on the bottom, but the
coax connects another way.

Randy ka4nma

'Doc December 1st 03 06:55 PM

Randy,
It's only limited by your imagination. Any method
you come up with is going to affect the utility and/or
'looks' of the truck, though. Ranges from some type
of temporary mount in the bed of the truck to a ball
mount on the side of the bed, to a custom mount off
the bumper, to whatever. I think the one thing that's
common to all types of screw driver antennas is that
they will need some bracing or guying to stay up-right.
With that and routing the feed line, you're off to the
races...
'Doc