RadioBanter

RadioBanter (https://www.radiobanter.com/)
-   Antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/)
-   -   New 4nec2 version (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/87083-new-4nec2-version.html)

Arie January 24th 06 04:22 PM

New 4nec2 version
 
For those still interested,

I just released the new 5.6. version for the 4nec2 antenna modeling
freeware, for which I created a much tighter interface with the
ItsHF/VOACAP propagation prediction software. For more info see
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Greetings,
Arie.


dansawyeror January 26th 06 01:50 AM

New 4nec2 version
 
All,

Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you use? I
tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the app result in
an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?

Thanks - Dan

Arie wrote:
For those still interested,

I just released the new 5.6. version for the 4nec2 antenna modeling
freeware, for which I created a much tighter interface with the
ItsHF/VOACAP propagation prediction software. For more info see
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Greetings,
Arie.


Frank January 26th 06 05:09 AM

New 4nec2 version
 
Dan, I just loaded version 5.6 on my Windows XP computer, and it seems to
run fine. Also shows the NEC code, and the NEC output file. It can also
implement the Sommerfeld/Norton ground model. Just miss double clicking a
line of code to help with the card entry.

Frank


"dansawyeror" wrote in message
...
All,

Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you use? I
tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the app
result in an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?

Thanks - Dan

Arie wrote:
For those still interested,

I just released the new 5.6. version for the 4nec2 antenna modeling
freeware, for which I created a much tighter interface with the
ItsHF/VOACAP propagation prediction software. For more info see
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Greetings,
Arie.




Arie January 26th 06 11:30 AM

New 4nec2 version
 
dansawyeror wrote:

Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you use? I
tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the app result in
an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?


Yes numerous people did,.. at least previous versions.

I thought I did mention something about the OS capable of running 4nec2
on my website, but maybe I was not clear enough. On the other hand it's
alważs possible you trapped a yet unknow problem.

Concerning the operating systems, overhere I did test things on W-98,
W-me, W-XP and W-2000.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Arie.

p.s. To get help editing the Nec2 or Nec4 cards, select the 'Nec
editor'on the settings menu or avoid all Nec related stuff and use the
drag and draw style editor.


dansawyeror January 26th 06 03:11 PM

New 4nec2 version
 
It seems to be the asycfilt.dll that is in error. What version of Win98 are you
using? What is the size and date of asycfilt.dll please?

Thanks - Dan

Arie wrote:
dansawyeror wrote:


Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you use? I
tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the app result in
an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?



Yes numerous people did,.. at least previous versions.

I thought I did mention something about the OS capable of running 4nec2
on my website, but maybe I was not clear enough. On the other hand it's
alważs possible you trapped a yet unknow problem.

Concerning the operating systems, overhere I did test things on W-98,
W-me, W-XP and W-2000.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Arie.

p.s. To get help editing the Nec2 or Nec4 cards, select the 'Nec
editor'on the settings menu or avoid all Nec related stuff and use the
drag and draw style editor.


Frank January 26th 06 04:52 PM

New 4nec2 version
 
p.s. To get help editing the Nec2 or Nec4 cards, select the 'Nec
editor'on the settings menu or avoid all Nec related stuff and use the
drag and draw style editor.

Arie, what I like about NEC are the NEC cards. I have been using NEC for so
many years I feel lost without direct access to the deck. Anyway your
comments are appreciated, and I guess I should read the help instructions.

You mention "Nec 4 cards". Do you actually support NEC 4? I plan to obtain
a license for NEC 4 in the near future, and your interface looks
interesting; The cost of GNEC from Nittany Scientific is a bit high, but
thought it is probably the only way to run NEC 4 on a PC.

Frank



David January 26th 06 09:11 PM

New 4nec2 version
 
Can you advise where I can get wgnuplot ? The program complains that I
need this file
but I cannot locate it on your site.

Thanks

dansawyeror wrote:
It seems to be the asycfilt.dll that is in error. What version of Win98
are you using? What is the size and date of asycfilt.dll please?

Thanks - Dan

Arie wrote:
dansawyeror wrote:


Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you
use? I
tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the
app result in
an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?



Yes numerous people did,.. at least previous versions.

I thought I did mention something about the OS capable of running 4nec2
on my website, but maybe I was not clear enough. On the other hand it's
alważs possible you trapped a yet unknow problem.

Concerning the operating systems, overhere I did test things on W-98,
W-me, W-XP and W-2000.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Arie.

p.s. To get help editing the Nec2 or Nec4 cards, select the 'Nec
editor'on the settings menu or avoid all Nec related stuff and use the
drag and draw style editor.


dansawyeror January 27th 06 02:00 AM

New 4nec2 version
 
The error has been found, somehow my copy of a dll was corrupted. It now loads.
I am looking forward to using it.

dansawyeror wrote:
All,

Has anyone tried this successfully? If so what OS and level did you use?
I tried, the installation went issue however attempts to execute the app
result in an error: 50003.

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?

Thanks - Dan

Arie wrote:

For those still interested,

I just released the new 5.6. version for the 4nec2 antenna modeling
freeware, for which I created a much tighter interface with the
ItsHF/VOACAP propagation prediction software. For more info see
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Greetings,
Arie.


Arie January 30th 06 08:46 AM

New 4nec2 version
 
Yes, it does support Nec4, but as you already mentioned, you need a
license to use it.

Arie.


Frank January 30th 06 01:50 PM

New 4nec2 version
 
Thanks for the info Arie.

Frank


"Arie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, it does support Nec4, but as you already mentioned, you need a
license to use it.

Arie.





All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
RadioBanter.com