RadioBanter

-   -   More info on old Tower (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/87618-more-info-old-tower.html)

Chris W February 1st 06 06:31 AM

More info on old Tower

I have acquired an old tower. I was told the brand is Wilson but I
can't seem to find any information on it. I have photos and I 3D model
I drew here....
http://cdw.homelinux.com:8087/stuff/Tower/

If some one could tell me where I can find specs on it and what kind of
wind load it can handle, I would be grateful.

Note you have to down load this free program to view the 3D model

http://www.alibre.com/products/addons/modelpress.asp

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

David Thompson February 10th 06 04:29 AM

More info on old Tower

Chris,

I can't see the drawing but Wilson made several models of self supporting
tubular masts. These are now sold by US Tower as the MA-40, 55, and 70.
They have a rotating base option.
Dave K4JRB

John Ferrell February 10th 06 02:30 PM

More info on old Tower

This is not one of the Wilson MA series. I have the CT-70 that I
bought about 1979. The top section failed in a twisting mode back in
the mid 80's. I have kept up with maintenance and it is currently
installed on a free standing fixture with an electric boat winch to
raise & lower it. It spends most of the time at about 30 feet where it
is very robust even with a Cushcraft A3S installed.

On the list of things to do is the matter of a power tilt winch. I am
not as robust as I once was!

BTW, it was about $450 when I bought it.

"Chris W" wrote in message
I have acquired an old tower. I was told the brand is Wilson but I
can't seem to find any information on it. I have photos and I 3D model
I drew here....
http://cdw.homelinux.com:8087/stuff/Tower/

If some one could tell me where I can find specs on it and what kind of
wind load it can handle, I would be grateful.

Note you have to down load this free program to view the 3D model

http://www.alibre.com/products/addons/modelpress.asp

--
Chris W
KE5GIX