RadioBanter

-   -   ZM30 analyzer (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/88143-zm30-analyzer.html)

PA3HGT February 9th 06 11:29 PM

ZM30 analyzer

Hello,

I purchased a Palstar ZM30 antenna-analyzer recently and i want to measure a
trap of W3DZZ dipool (Fritzel W3-2000).
I want to measure resonance of the trap , i know the trap is 100% ok and i
disassembled from the antenna.
I did trying it by the book but no succes !
Has anyone some experience with this analyzer to measure such things ?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT
www.pa3hgt.nl

dansawyeror February 10th 06 01:53 AM

ZM30 analyzer

I am not familiar with this antenna. Is this a pass filter? If so it will not
have a resonant frequency. It will have a cut off point. The tool for that would
be a spectrum analyzer and a tracking generator.

PA3HGT February 10th 06 10:47 AM

ZM30 analyzer

The trap is a coil and a capacitor in parrallel.
The antenna is for 40 and 80 meters and the trap works in the 40 mtr band.
From the feedingpoint to the trap is 2 times 10 mtrs (for 40 mtr) and then
some 7 mtrs for 80mtrs.
When you work on 40 , the antenna works only from the feedingpoint to the
trap because the circuit "cut" the antenna so you work then with 2 times 10
mtrs.
The manual says that traps can be measured,i tried by manual but no luck.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT