RadioBanter

-   -   Coax (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/88932-coax.html)

Arlon Nelson February 19th 06 03:12 PM

Coax

I'm going to be putting up a new HyGain TH-3 beam when the weather warms up.
Which is the better coax 8214 or RG-213, my friend swears by the 8214.

Thanks

Nels W0TUP

Wes Stewart February 19th 06 03:51 PM

Coax

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:12:06 -0600, Arlon Nelson
wrote:

I'm going to be putting up a new HyGain TH-3 beam when the weather warms up.
Which is the better coax 8214 or RG-213, my friend swears by the 8214.

8214 is a Belden part number for an RG-8 (0.405" OD) type cable. So
if you buy 8214 you get Belden quality cable.

RG-213 is a generic part number for the same sized cable supplied by
any number of suppliers, some good, some not so good.

If it is a good supplier, then there is no difference between them.

Michael Melland February 19th 06 06:47 PM

Coax

Hi Arlon,

I'd take a look at Davis BuryFlex (9914F) cable. I switched over ten years
ago and but perhaps for hardline would never switch back to RG213 or RG8
cable.

http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex

Mike, W9WIS

Charlie February 20th 06 03:59 AM

Coax

Hard to beat Davis BuryFlex which besides being very low loss (nearly the
same as 9913 within a couple tenths of a db) is direct bury and has a 20
year service life.
Got nearly 500ft of it here on all my antennas from HF thru VHF
--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.deepsouthnet.net

t...