RadioBanter

-   -   Any good antenna design software (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/91184-any-good-antenna-design-software.html)

David March 24th 06 12:02 AM

Any good antenna design software

I am looking for antenna design software.

Initially I purchased EZNEC and downloaded a couple of other programs
but realized these are analysis only programs that are great to check
performance and optimize once you have a design.

I managed to find a variety of freeware design programs but they were
not very extensive (an mostly DOS programs that sometimes crashed my
graphics).

My preference is for a Windows based design environment that provides
some templates as starting points for a variety of antenna styles
(Yagi, LPDA, Verticals). I would like to be able to set up the program
with the materials I have available and some performance criteria and it
would output element lengths, spacing, suitable matching (or give input
impedance etc). I can then enter this design into EZNEC or MMANA to
analyse performance.

Thanks in advance if you can point me to suitable software I can purchase.

Regards

David

[email protected] March 24th 06 01:39 AM

David wrote:
I am looking for antenna design software.

Initially I purchased EZNEC and downloaded a couple of other programs
but realized these are analysis only programs that are great to check
performance and optimize once you have a design.

Maybe you should ask for files for specific antennas? People probably
would share what they have.