RadioBanter

-   -   Cobra Ultrlite Senior (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/91928-cobra-ultrlite-senior.html)

danda April 2nd 06 08:06 AM

Cobra Ultrlite Senior

Has anybody used a Cobra Ultaralite antenna any opinions please

[email protected] April 2nd 06 05:39 PM

Cobra Ultrlite Senior

I have the Ultralite Senior and it seems to work pretty good. I
originally bought it just for local work and to be able to cover all
bands. I put it up 30 feet in some trees and since my yard is too small
the ends hang down about 15 feet. I used a 4:1 balun with the full 100
ft. of ladder line it comes with and then about 75 ft. of coax to my
radio.
It loads up with my TS-480 auto tuner on all bands.
I now use it for DX as much as my vertical and my half squares. It is a
lot quieter than the verticals. I worked Peter One from N. California
on 20 meters and New Guinea on 15 meters with 100 watts. It even works
on 6 meters, though no where near as good as my stacked loops.

Pete