Old April 15th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring

Default 50 years ago - Not antenna related, but probably interesting to many

I'm sure there are some here who will have memories stirred by this article.

http://tvtechnology.com/features/new..._tape_02.shtml

Tom
K0TAR
Old April 15th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
I'm sure there are some here who will have memories stirred by this

article.

http://tvtechnology.com/features/new..._tape_02.shtml

Tom
K0TAR

"It made such an impression on me that I get tears in my eyes telling the
story."

I'm there now. Thanks so much.

Old April 17th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo

Tom Ring wrote:
I'm sure there are some here who will have memories stirred by this
article.

http://tvtechnology.com/features/new..._tape_02.shtml

Great article, Tom. I'm a little surprised they didn't go into how the
stuff was edited.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -
Old April 17th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman

Mike Coslo wrote:

Tom Ring wrote:
I'm sure there are some here who will have memories stirred by this
article.

http://tvtechnology.com/features/new..._tape_02.shtml

Great article, Tom. I'm a little surprised they didn't go into how the
stuff was edited.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Wire cutters?
--
--------------------------------------
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001
Old April 20th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo

Irv Finkleman wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

Tom Ring wrote:

I'm sure there are some here who will have memories stirred by this
article.

http://tvtechnology.com/features/new..._tape_02.shtml

Great article, Tom. I'm a little surprised they didn't go into how the
stuff was edited.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Wire cutters?

HAR! Almost. The short version is that they ran the tape to the point
that they wanted to edit, then put disclosure fluid on the spot to find
the magnetized recording lines, and under magnification found the place
they wanted and sliced the tape at that point. The footage that was
spliced in was put in, and then the process continued. If the cut and
splice wasn't accurate, sync would be lost.

Next time you watch an old TV show (pre-early 60s) note that there are
not tight cuts.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Workman BS-1 Dipole Antenna = Easy Mod to make it a Mini-Windom Antenna ! RHF Shortwave 0 November 2nd 05 11:14 AM
On Topic [email protected] Shortwave 5 November 2nd 05 10:35 AM
Questions -?- Considering a 'small' Shortwave Listener's (SWLs) Antenna RHF Shortwave 1 January 24th 05 09:37 PM