RadioBanter

-   -   please recommend any interesting links for hand made SWL antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/932-please-recommend-any-interesting-links-hand-made-swl-antennas.html)

Edgar December 18th 03 08:11 PM

please recommend any interesting links for hand made SWL antennas

please recommend any interesting sites for hand made SWL antennas

Uncle Peter December 18th 03 08:44 PM

http://members.fortunecity.com/xe1be...s-antennas.htm

Keyboard In The Wilderness December 18th 03 09:12 PM

Try AC6V's Pages at URL:
http://ac6v.com/swl.htm#ANT

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

Desmoface December 19th 03 02:43 PM

If you have the room, a beverage can't be beat for receiving...just do an
internet search for "beverage antenna."

Steve
kb8viv

Art Unwin KB9MZ December 19th 03 06:31 PM

(Desmoface) wrote in message ...
If you have the room, a beverage can't be beat for receiving...just do an
internet search for "beverage antenna."

Steve
kb8viv

That depends entirely on what he wants to listen to.
Not only for take off angle but also the direction
from which the signal is coming from
together with frequency.
The beverage is somewhat frqquency dependant because
of its rear nulls and lack of high angle reception
but it is also directive but unfortunately not rotatable.
Most overseas shortwave programs use frequencies
within thw 10 to 160 frequency spread so incoming angle
varies a whole lot
Art

CW December 22nd 03 04:31 AM

http://www.kc7nod.20m.com/

Steve Silverwood January 18th 04 09:11 PM

In article ,
says...
If you have the room, a beverage can't be beat for receiving...

Yeah, I do all my listening with a beverage close at hand....

just do an internet search for "beverage antenna."

Oh, you mean an ANTENNA! ;-)

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS