RadioBanter

-   -   Missing Degrees in Mobile Antennas? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/93534-missing-degrees-mobile-antennas.html)

[email protected] April 30th 06 08:17 AM

Missing Degrees in Mobile Antennas?

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
I never said 1.0, as a matter of fact the coil I measured had a vF
(when compared to physical length) of about .5

Sorry, that's still about 1000% too high, still completely out
of the ballpark. What I suspect is that you measured zero delay
through the coil and reported 3 nS because you knew zero was
obviously wrong.

Sorry Cecil, I cannot get into my network analyzer and make it show a
delay on a printout that isn't actually there. I push the button, it
prints the data it takes.

In an attempt to justify your odd conclusions, you are now altering my
measurements.

At this point any further exchange is useless, because you have now
resorted to calling the other person a liar when measured data
disagrees with your preconcieved notions.

I'm done with you.

Cecil Moore April 30th 06 01:45 PM

wrote:
Sorry Cecil, I cannot get into my network analyzer and make it show a
delay on a printout that isn't actually there. I push the button, it
prints the data it takes.

Yes, and you have previously said that any answer is better than
no answer at all, presumably including answers obtained using
invalid measurement techniques.

If you take your network analyzer and measure the current phase
shift from end to end in a 1/2WL thin-wire dipole, you can prove
that dipole to be almost zero degrees long, just like you did with
the coil.

In an attempt to justify your odd conclusions, you are now altering my
measurements.

Please don't blame my faulty memory on any ulterior motive. It was
an honest mistake easily proven to be wrong. (And a VF of 0.5 is
just as unbelievable as a VF of 1.0 for a foot long 8 tpi coil.)

At this point any further exchange is useless, because you have now
resorted to calling the other person a liar when measured data
disagrees with your preconcieved notions.

I apologize for my faulty memory, Tom, and everyone knows that I didn't
call you a liar. I accidentally misquoted you and you corrected me.

Your measured data simply disagrees with known technical facts. Until
you take time to understand the technical implications behind the
standing wave current phase that you used for your measurements,

Itot = Io*cos(kx)*cos(wt)

you will never understand why using such a signal to measure phase
is an invalid thing to do. Hint: the phase of the above standing
wave current doesn't vary with 'x' so it cannot be used to measure
a phase shift between point 'x1' and point 'x2' on a wire or
through a coil.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp