RadioBanter

-   -   450^ feedline for 1L 160 Loop (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/937-450%5E-feedline-1l-160-loop.html)

greg z December 19th 03 03:29 PM

450^ feedline for 1L 160 Loop

I'm putting up a fullwave loop for 160m, fed with 450 ohm window line,
what are the feedline lenghts to avoid?

73
KC8VIF
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true

Cecil Moore December 19th 03 04:49 PM

greg z wrote:
I'm putting up a fullwave loop for 160m, fed with 450 ohm window line,
what are the feedline lenghts to avoid?

Just on 160m or on other HF bands? A fullwave loop has a
feedpoint impedance around 100 ohms plus or minus height
effects. That's an SWR of 4.5:1 on the window line giving
impedances between 100 ohms and 2000 ohms with reactance
magnitudes in the same ballpark. If your tuner will handle
those ranges, any feedline length will be OK. It's a lot
easier to avoid certain feedline lengths on 10m than on
160m. :-)
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

'Doc December 19th 03 10:23 PM

Greg,
With the information you provided, the only length of feed
line
that anyone can tell you to avoid is one where the ladder line
isn't
strong enough to hold up it's own weight.
'Doc

K9SQG December 20th 03 12:07 AM

Depends on what bands you want to operate...