Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
OZUser

Default HF Mobile - Grounding Antenna when stationary

As an avid 4WD SUV owner I do a lot of outback travelling (Austrlian
Deserts, Cape York, Kimberly Coast) and as such have a Barrett 950 HFradio
&Barrett 910 Autotune antenna installed for comms.

Would it be preferable when camped / stationary to earth the vehile to a
"ground" ground = what I am looking for is a better receive signal ?????

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
On Topic [email protected] Shortwave 5 November 2nd 05 10:35 AM
Questions -?- Considering a 'small' Shortwave Listener's (SWLs) Antenna RHF Shortwave 1 January 24th 05 09:37 PM